Tuesday, May 20, 2014

First Salient and Introduction

I end up writing a lot of things in a lot of places wearing a lot of hats. This blog is a chance to gather some of them up and connect them together, but more importantly, it is officially unofficial: I am not writing as a head of this or representative of that or member of some other thing. Often, these will be posts which cut across boundaries, don't belong in other boxes, and aren't on anyone's 'side'. Sometimes they will poke at people's conception of boundaries themselves, but most of the time I will just be using them to explore topics with a little more freedom than other venues afford.


The word radish comes from the same root as 'radical' meaning 'root'. A radical is someone who draws attention to the root of a problem. At root, I am a radical and proud of it. Like the radish I tend to be spicy and am best taken with a little salt.

If you haven't figured it out from the title and logo, I also tend to pun early and often. If you simply cannot deal with puns: run screaming while you still can.

1 comment:

  1. OK, brah, I have seen you around the intratubes commenting on various and sundry so I will add your blog to my list. Please spare me the Gilbert&Sullivan references, cause apparently I am the only one that gets them and they confuse the masses!

    ReplyDelete